26 Mag Dr. Hagner – Application in Periodontics – F-Splint-Aid Slim
Application in Periodontics – F-Splint-Aid Slim
by Martin Hagner
Dr. Hagner graduated from the Dental Faculty of Bonn in 2003. Since 2010, he has achieved many post graduations in Periodontics and Implantology. From 2007 to 2010 he has been Researcher at the Polyclinic for periodontics, dentistry and preventive dentistry at the University of Bonn. Since 2011 Dr. Hagner has a practice in Germany dedicated to comprehensive dentistry. Beside his practice activities, he is a frequent speaker and lecturer in seminars and congresses. Dr.Hagner is also very active as author or co-author of scientific national and international publications.
Tooth-splinting procedure is demonstrated on tooth 26 which was root amputated during resective surgical therapy in a patient with generalised severe chronic periodontitis and type II diabetes.
The first x-ray of the teeth shows the situation after anti-infective therapy and prior to endodontic treatment. The diagnosis was primary periodontal lesion with secondary endodontic involvement, with furcation defect degree III, which could be probed distally and vestibulary.
The second x-ray of the teeth shows the x-ray examination under a rubber dam during the endodontic treatment of tooth 26.
The third x-ray shows tooth 26 with the completed filling of the mesiovestibular and palatinal root canal. The distovestibular root canal contains a medicinal insert in form of calcium hydroxide. The pulp chamber and the upper part of the root canal are filled with a composite material, which also forms the cover filling.
The fourth x-ray image shows tooth 26 after root resection of the distal and palatinal root. During surgery it was displayed that the grade III furcation continued through the mesiopalatinal area. The palatinal root could no longer be preserved.
The fifth x-ray image shows tooth 26 splinted with F-Splint-Aid Slim at teeth 25 and 27.
This case study shows the tooth splint procedure with the F-Splint-Aid Slim System, using the direct adhesive technique.
1a: X-Ray images 1-3 (from left to right).
1b: X-Ray images 4-5 (from left to right).
2: Excavated situation of teeth 25-27 under rubber dam, with sectional matrix applied mesialy at tooth 25.
3: Palatinal view of the excavated situation of teeth 25-27.
4: Total etch procedure of the excavated situation with blue etch gel.
5: Conditioned cavities of teeth 25-27 with bonding.
6. Built-up mesial ridge of tooth 25 after removal of the sectional matrix as well as underfilling with flow composite at tooth 27.
7. F-Splint-Aid Slim strip is pulled out from the light-protected storage bottle using tweezers.
8. Length-adaptable fiberglass ribbon F-Splint-Aid Slim with application clasp between teeth 26 and 27.
9. F-Splint-Aid Slim fiberglass ribbon is fixed with flow-composite in cavities of teeth 25-27.
10. Completed composite restoration of teeth 25-27 with integrated fiberglass splinting.
11. Palatinal view of the restored teeth after splinting with F-Splint-Aid Slim
12. Occlusal view of the tooth splinting after removal of the rubber dam.
13. Contact points of the restored teeth marked by blue paper. Tooth 26 with reduced numbers of roots was designed with a reduced orovestibulary width with subsequent static contact on the buccal triangular tubers to prevent shearing forces.
14. Palatinal view of the completed restorations.
15: Buccal view after tooth splinting in intercuspidation.
From my point of view, the biggest advantage of F-Splint-Aid Slim is the stable, woven structure of the splint material, as well as its practical light-proof packaging. Another advantage is offered by the included “Clip&Splint” autoclavable plastic application clips for fixing the splint materials to the teeth.
altri casi clinici
Il caso mostra la ricostruzione diretta con composito delle lesioni usando il sistema di matrici sezionali Polydentia myClip 2.0, LumiContrast e cunei in legno....
Il caso mostra la ricostruzione diretta con composito della lesione usando il sistema sezionale Polydentia myClip 2.0, le matrici sezionali LumiContrast e cunei in legno....
The following case shows the step-by-step restoration procedure using Polydentia myRing Classico separator ring equipped with the new Diamond24 silicone tubes. ...
Il kit myCustom Rings fornisce una soluzione molto efficiente e semplice per superare questa difficoltà, permettendo di creare punti di contatto di grande precisione nelle ricostruzioni di classe II....
Una giovane ragazza con due faccette in ceramica sugli incisivi laterali è giunta alla nostra attenzione per migliorare l’estetica del suo sorriso. Abbiamo proposto di sostituire le faccette in ceramica con delle nuove in composito....